Sunday, January 29, 2012
This is my version of a junk drawer collage. Lots of odds and ends from my stash and some founds items. My daughter painted the canvas and then I laid everything out. I used gel medium to adhere the paper and fabric. Some of the other items were stitched or glued with E600.
Friday, January 27, 2012
I have recently finished up some quilts that I have had laying around. It seems like I am really good at getting the tops done but drag my feet on the quilting. I try and hand quilt at one quilt a year and would like to do more but the frame takes up so much room that one is about all I get done. I do not own a quilting machine and never got the hang of quilting on my Bernina so I take mine to a local machine quilter and love her work. This first quilt is a block of the month from several years ago, in fact the quilt shop is out of business. They offered this in two color ways and I made both but have since sold the one that was made with brights. This is the Batik color way.
|All the squares are quilted with a Celtic motif.|
This last one is from an old Fons and Porter magazine and uses reproduction prints from the 20's-40's.
|Dogwood and leaf motif.|
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
I have been hunting some vintage spools for the last few weeks. I had a bunch at one time and used them all and now have a project in mind that I need them again. So, I had a lovely package in the mail when I got home today full of spools and buttons and an amazing green belt buckle. Can't wait to get busy and put them all to good use.
|Lovely green buckle from Germany.|
|Purple and green buttons. I have a hard time finding purple so this is a great buy for me.|
|Vintage spools in my Grandmother's vintage rose bowl.|
Monday, January 16, 2012
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
I have been seeing these all over http://pinterest.com/tsmith62 and thought I would give it a try. I used fabric from Davids' Textiles. It is from the Victoria and Albert collection. I made a cover for my Kindle from it and had some left over. Needs some tweaking-pocket a little bigger to hold the cord and maybe some extra stabilizer but I am happy with the outcome.
Trying to work on different background techniques. I think tomorrow I will set up an assembly line and create a bunch of background. That way I will have something to choose from when it comes time to make the actual card. Not sure what happened after I sprayed this but the black around the hearts smeared.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Monday, January 2, 2012
This is a necklace I have been working on for quite a long time. The drop has a lobster clasp so that it can be removed and changed with other drops-that I have not made yet,but will.
|This is before I added the vintage tatting and I also took out the beige beads toward the top.|
|The drop has a vintage magnifying glass at the end.|
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Happy New Year!
I have been inspired by those of you who make an effort to create art everyday. I sort of tried last year but sometimes a few days would go by and I had done nothing. This year I have decided to be more faithful to that pledge. I know that I need something that is "do-able" and have decided to embark on a years worth of ATC's. So, here is the first of many (I hope).
I cut the cards from recycled cereal boxes etc....