Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Painted Canvas

So this is the new technique I was talking about using painted canvas and a copy of a black and white photo. I ripped the canvas apart and then sewed it back with exposed seams and loose threads. White paint was added and allowed to dry before a paint wash was applied. I think I used a little to much white-the wash does not cover the white paint but it worked. The photo I used is one of my Mom and it had to a copy done on a toner copier to allow it to stick to the paint. I attached it using a gel medium and while it was still wet added a paint wash.
The thread writing is what I am really excited about. It would have been easier to add before the photo but I did not think of the thread writing until after I saw the photo and wondered
what to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment